logo ideas

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mbs, Sep 26, 2003.

1. mbs

mbs LawnSite Member

i see a people posting new logo ideas for thier companies. if you dont want to spend time and or big bucks for a pro logo make up a small contest to see who can design what youre looking for. offer some cash prize and post it at your local colleges, lots of art colleges let you fax em in. art colleges work best or just make sure they offer somesort of design class. i have started one this month got 4 enteries so far. this might be the one.

mbs.jpg

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good but, it kind of looks like you are a realtor. (selling houses)

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

It looks nice. Clean and simple.

4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I like the logo. If you offer other home services, it's great. If you are only offering landscaping or lawn care I would reword the name. Just my thoughts.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

there is a site that does that. I think you have to pay a fee and designers come up with something and post them. should you decide to use theirs, you have to pay the designer a fee they select

6. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Try this website: www.-------------.com

Here you run a contest on the various message boards(logos,templates,etc) and pay a reward to the winner,usually in the $50-150 range.You describe your business to the various artists who will submit designs based on what you tell them.There are some very talented people here.I was extremely pleased with how my logo design turned out.

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

You can also search in ebay and have a nice design for around $20 bucks

8. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree with lawncare3. It is a nice logo, but does not appear to be a logo for a landscaping co. I like your idea for getting logos done though.

Try to keep it simple - think of how it will look on a sign vs business card. See how it looks from a distance.

Good luck!