1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Logo -- KISS

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by yardboyltd, Jan 22, 2003.

1. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

OK I got PSP for xmas... no more demo copies like i've been using for the last 5 years.. haha.. Anyways I've been some logo work.

I already had one that I was using, but I decided it needed someth'n. It was professional, but yet it lacked the logo harmony that screamed recognition and the simplicity of KISS (keep it simple, stupid). Therefore I have incorporated certain elements into a new style of logo. My main objective is name recoginition therefore I tried to keep my name a large part of it. Also I wanted it to describe what I do. I wanted KISS to govern all this in harmony to the eye and to my budget. I figure by keeping colors limited to one (green on whie paper) or two colors, I can save myself printing fees for letterhead, busiensscards, etc w.o altering my logo. I also like the simplicity of the colors for the eye's sake. It gets the point across, who I am and what I do, and is designed in a unique way as to create association with my business in their memory.

Before I display my new works, I'd just like to say my last logo was very nice, however it was "website material" mean'n it was great for looks on the computer, but not practical for use in our business. Here's the logo I think I'm goin to go with:

2. yardboyltd

hmm nm! the above is childishly simple -- i like it
  3. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I think it looks great.
    I'm in the process of designing one myself. I believe in the KISS method myself. (Flyers, brochures, logos, etc.)
  4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you should outline lawnkeepers in black to make it a bit more bold
  5. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice. You've achieved your goal, in my opinion. Rather than add another color to the logo, however, give some thought to using a brown/tan business card. My logo is yellow and green and those colors really jump out on a tan business card.
  6. Barry D

Barry D LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I agree with HarryD, I think you shoul outline in black. This will help seperate the words and make the logo standout.

You did a great job with this logo. Who did you use to create the logo? I am interested in making my logo. I need some help.
  7. michael68

michael68 LawnSite Member

Looks Great!!!
  8. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job!!
  9. When are you going to make mine?:D
  10. yardboyltd

I did the logo... Paint Shop Pro...

Hahah LGF: the St. Louis Lawngod doesnt' need one of my stink'n logos haha