1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Logo on mower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Who puts their logo on their mower? I just thought of this idea last night. I've got a cool logo and would like to put it on my mower. Just an idea..... On the Lazer's, a good place would be along the front where the model type sticker is or where the eXmark Lazer Z is. And of course for the DC's, where the big Dixie Chopper sticker is. What would be the best way of doing this? What kinda sticker or whatever you use? And where would you put it? What are your thoughts?
  2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

OK Ray, let's see a pic of your logo. You've got our curiousity up. Let's see everybodies logo.
  3. Vibe Ray

OK, I'll do it tommorrow and create a new thread for it. Not enough time tonight....
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

5. Vibe Ray

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i had my sign man make me alumnium pieces to mount on the sides of my walker catcher box(1 or 2 ft square) boy did they look nice for a week,...then after all the brick and fence that they rubbed against I took them off.....i think it is a good idea just think out the placement better than i did
  7. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

8. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

There are several methods to get your logos done that will give great durable results. Most sign shops today can do vinyl graphics from vinyl cutters. Depending on how complex your logo is this is a good way. There are several next day type sign shops chains around the country that are solely vinyl based. For sure there are some in a large city by you if not where you are. Bad thing about this is, there are seperate vinyls for each color. All the colors must be applied in either layers or cut exactly to fit like a jigsaw puzzle. It can be very labor intensive with more complex logos thus pushing the cost up. The installation process is alittle harder for a novice to install without paying the shop to do it for you.

Another way is at a more specialized sign shop using large format inkjet printers that print to vinyl using special inks for exterior use. This is for full process color pictures and such. This is what you see on like TruGreen ChemLawns trucks with the dalmation dog graphic. It would work great for more complex logos where there alot of colors or actual pictures. Great deal on this setup is, you could have many small logos printed on one sheet or one printer run, cut them out and use them just like stickers.

Best thing about todays sign industry is that if you have your logo on your computer than you can give the file to a shop and they can do it all really quick. There should be some on the internet willing to do some also.

There is also a maybe a cheaper way. There are some lamination materials out now that have a pressure sensitive adhesieve on the back for exterior use. USI lamination company sells them http://www.usi-laminate.com . You could print a logo from a normal inkjet printer, laminate and stick it on. I am sure the durability would not be close to that of vinyls, but it would work also at a reduced cost.

Anyway, I would go with viynl!

[Edited by Skookum on 02-13-2001 at 02:18 AM]
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There's a guy near us who has the backs of his hoppers on his Grasshoppers all done with his name and number. It works out well because you can read it easily from behind his trailer when it's loaded up and the gate is up. I was thinking of having a giant business card made to go on the gate on the back of my trailer.

[Edited by Runner on 02-13-2001 at 02:53 AM]

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

yep good spot that not many utulize on the bottom of ramp gate so when it is up the traffic behind you see it