Logo, opinions please

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hawkeye5, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the final stages of selecting a logo for my business. Rather than make the final decision alone, how about some input on the four finalists from the members?? All comments welcome. JD

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Hawkeye:

I am partial to the one in the lower left. I like its bold straight lettering the best.

3. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Lower left also

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Upper left.

5. turfmarketing

turfmarketing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Without knowing more about your business, it's impossible to make credible and informed comments about which one is the best one.

But a couple things you may want to consider;

1) If you offer, or plan on offering, any tree, landscape or shrub care services, "Lawns Unlimited" may be too restricting. A well done name and logo should reflect not only your business today, but also where your business is heading tomorrow.

2) I don't know what kinds of business stationary or signs you are planning on using, but the examples you've shown will require 4-color printing which can be expensive. Every good logo design must be able to work in one-color first and then in multiple colors if needed.

turfmarketing

6. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

My two cents and I am going to be difficult..... I like the Top Left Corner "Lawn" and I like the Bottom Right Unlimited. I would put those two together and leave out Groundskeeping...

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

7. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Lower right.

8. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

top left

9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

They all look very good. The lower left sticks out to me. Where did you have them done???

10. dave-man

dave-man LawnSite Member

As they stand, I like the lower left the best. In addition to being nice looking it should be the easiest to duplicate if you need to go to a different lettering place someday.

That said, suppose you drop "LAWNS" and just go with "unlimited groundskeeping"? The more general name gives you room to grow into landscaping, tree care, snow and ice management, whatever. "Groundskeeping" has a nice, pseudo-Anglo sound to it that connotes quality. Good choice.

What color are your trucks and trailers? How about mowers? Some of the LCOs here in Northern Virginia have logos on their mowers (gas tanks on WBs, seat backs on ZTRs). The background color makes a difference. Don't forget shirts and jackets--much cheaper with single color logos. Save the color for trucks and advertising flyers.

If you make "unlimited groundskeeping" all black or all white for your logo (depending on truck color), then you can use black letters and a black outline on the sun for letterhead, POs, invoices, and other paperwork.