1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Logo Opinions............

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ltw77, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ltw77

ltw77 LawnSite Member

I've been playin' around with a few ideas and came up with one I really like. Just wanted to get some opinions and also is it worth the extra $$ for printing (uniform/business cards/letterhead) with a few different colors in the mix. Or would it be better to simplify the color scheme to save a buck? I feel if it makes the logo more professional and helps it stand out, then that IS everything.

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Try making the text taller because it looks squished and the "w" looks like "U". Maybe you could bring out the green a little more. I don't think many colors of uniforms are necessary, just one or two colors would be fine and cost less.
  3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Looks OK I like the W. I think you need a more vivid green, that way your name will be associated with lush green and not a pale, gray, green lawn.
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I had to study that for a minute to make out it was a "w". I don't think logos should have to be studied. It's got to be catchy and easy to read immediately. i also agree with the other post about the color. it looks too grayish i think.
  5. ltw77

ltw77 LawnSite Member

I didn't really pick up on the gray til you guys mentioned it. Here's a couple other versions. Not perfect but I think I'm close. Thanks again for everyone's opinions!!

6. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like LTU LAUNCARE to me. Have you thought about changing the font for the W?
  7. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

As Jodi said , it should not require studying it, which it does because of the 'w'. I agree with the comments about it looking squished as well as the color being wrong.

I would also skip the clip art in the last one you posted.

take your time & refine it. then take a break & come back to it in a day or a week & see if you still like it. Or, do what i did. Print several different versions out on separate sheets of paper & show them to as many people as you can. Then make any necessary changes to the one that received the best feedback.

It can be difficult to judge the quality of a logo from a scaled down image on a message board. Printing it out will be more realistic.

In the end you will still have the final say.

If you were set on the 'w' how about making the middle look more like a blade of grass (see attached)

8. Lawntime Mowers

Lawntime Mowers LawnSite Member
    from KC MO

Here's one I threw together. If you want to use it I can email you the large file for printing.

9. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Put a real W in the logo
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, that letter style doesn't get it. It's too hard to make discrepancy between "U's and W's". It breaks one of the golden rules of logo design....Make it easy and plain to read.