Logo Opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheGoat, Jan 4, 2011.

1. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Not to crazy about the name of your company. Are people going to take you serious?
  2. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The purpose of a brand logo is to be recognized. Something that is easy to remember and will help grow your name in your area. I bet when McDonalds first came out with the Golden Arches, they said really? A gold M? You think that will work?

With that said, I would change the goat to be a little more friendly and less like a demonic dog with horns. Keep you fonts friendly and I think youll be fine. I think the goat is a good idea and you should stick with it
  3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I would make the lettering more green like in #2 and the font of #1 makes it stand out.
  4. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

When we got our first logo we didn't think it all the way through.

It needs to look good on paper.. perfect all 3 look good. It also needs to look good on the side of a trailer or truck.. #3.. Last and final is it needs to work with an embroidery and / or a silk screening machine. #3.
  5. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like they took a pic. of the grass and moved it in front of the face- needs to look like the goat is actually chewing on the grass.
  6. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, keep in mind to that the more colors you have, the more printing on shirts, logos and just about anything you try to use it for.
  7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know...I like the text from #3, but I don't really like any of the goats. I like the idea by Agape about the goat eating the manicured lawn.

There's a line between professional and fun that shouldn't be cross if you're looking to grow a legit business. But you can have fun professionally. I like the name of your company, but I think the logo needs to look less like a cartoon.
  8. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

I vote #3......
  9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

So by some of your guy's logic. Ronald McDonald, Pep Boys, Homer Depot, Chuck E Cheese etc all portray a poor company image? As long as the crew doesn't look and act like goats I don't see a problem. Every Florida LCO puts a palm tree as their logo. How original is that? A logo is meant to catch your eye not necessarily tell your company story.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Ronald McDonald is not a logo. He is a mascot, so to speak. The McDonald's logo is the golden arches.

Pep Boys's logo, the three guys, is less cartoonish than a random goat chewing grass. The three pep boy's guys are also frontal display and centered and easily deciphered. The logo print is also square not "childish."

I don't understand how Home Depot got into that list. It's an orange box with the company name. That's counter to your argument. If you're talking about the Home Depot "guy" or whatever he's called...that's a mascot and not a logo.

Chuck E. Cheese is marketing to children. Well, parents I guess technically, but the atmosphere is for the children. Additionally, the Chuck E Cheese mouse is full-frontal display, centered, and easy to decipher. The text is childish, yes, but that's the point. They're not marketing a professional landscape service company to commercial clients.