Logo-What do you think?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by moonscapes, Feb 22, 2008.

1. moonscapes

moonscapes LawnSite Member

I'm just starting out with a lawn care company--and would like some advice. Here's a logo I've created. What do you guys think? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've enjoyed reading this forum-good ideas and great to hear some real life situations.

I think I attached it correctly...

Kevin

Moonscapes Logo.jpg

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

clean and simple but maybe add a little color like for the grass but other than that its nice.

3. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

I like it, add some color though. Yellow for the moon and for the letters in the grass, and green for the grass. She'd look real perty that way

4. cspaugh

cspaugh LawnSite Member

I will agree and say add some color, nice layout though.

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I like it.

6. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't like when people list out everything that they can do as a part of their logo. Logo should be clean, simple, and easy to remember.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm just not sure about the "Moonscapes" thing, but I guess it would work. If you were specializing in outdoor lighting, it may have a catch, but other than that,...I just don't know. What the others said is a given...add some color. you have too nice of an opportunity o utilize some REALLY nice colors. There was someone on here that did an enclosed trailer, with black and white though, and was nothing short of awesome. If you would find that for ideas, it would certainly work to your benefit.
    Of course, on a lighter note, I guess it's a good thing you don't do electric, because Moon Lighting just wouldn't give a positive edge, either. Of course, if you did hardscaping, you could call it Moon Walks! Ok,..I'll stop.:)

I found it,...here it is.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=191314&highlight=stars
    By the way,...read my suggestion on that thread about the silver stars.

8. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the others, looks pretty good. But needs to fit 2x3.5 business card unless your cards are going to be square.

9. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing until I saw his last name

I personally think its ok for a business card or the side of the trailer minus your name but its a bit busy. It doesnt lok bad but maybe with adding color like others say it will help it out a bunch.

10. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Right off the bat I would make it color. Black and white does not convey a green business.

DJ