Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to have a one...

Those that do.. Did you design it or have someone do it? What is the average cost to have one designed? Do you think it has had a positive effect on your business? Who do you go to.. to have one designed? If you did your own.. how? recommend software?

What ever info you can send my way... Thanks!
  2. They lay it out on a computer, so you can get virtually any design.

Then they cut it out of 3M tape with a lazer cutter and apply it like stickers.

They can even do pictures, so you can have your face on your truck.

Then they can burn you a CD of it for your fliers, adds and cards.

OR you can bring in your artwork for them to copy.

It's less than $200

3. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We use a wave on our logo it sets us apart from other companies. We work on the coast and see and hear the ocean all day long.Logo's should help to make your company easier to idendify.It looks better on letterhead and should be pleasing to the eye.Would I pay a grand or two for a logo design. No way. A few hundred to an artist no problem. I did mine and I'm happy with it.Keep it simple and people will remember it.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Atlantic Lawn, what software did you use? I was going to post this question, but someone beat me to it. If there is anyone else who would like to suggest a quality software that can handle this.....go for it!

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I did ours using MS paint to come up with the design. I have used Paint Shop Pro to give it better quality.

6. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I had someone local do it for me. I don't know what an average price is but I paid $130.00.

It was really kind of cool... I went to him and explained the image I wanted and he looked at my setup(equipment) and then went from there. It took a couple of months but I just wanted it ready for this season. It took a few trips to say what I liked and didn't like but it was worth every bit of time and money.

Personally I like the design and was involved all of the way. I think that it also gave me some direction from which to work. I can now design a sign for the truck, trailer etc to go with it and uniforms later.

I think also that the right designer is very important because if you don't like his style and you don't get along then it will be more of a struggle to get what you want.

If the designer "likes" whatever you like it might not work. You want someone who knows what is good and/or bad and is not afraid to tell you so.

Just my experience talking.

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I did mine using MS Photo Draw, around $100 I think.