logos (not that i need one)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mdrlandscaping, Nov 9, 2006.

1. mdrlandscaping

mdrlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

where and how do you make logos like what programs:)

2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I use http://www.aaa-logo.com/ ... and yes ... you do need one. Name recognition and image are a big part of this business.

Just my .02¢ ...

:weightlifter:

3. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

You can use anything from the simple paintbrush that comes with windows on up to things such as Paintshop Pro, Corel Draw etc, and there are probably numerous dedicated softwares out there.

A loogo isn't a necessity but can play a big part in name recognition and company branding. A business name (especially a long one) can be easily forgotten, but a simple logo can be more apt to be memorable.

There are marketing companies that can also help in designing a logo. If you make several and aren't real happy with their outcome, this may be a good option (not a cheap one) to go with. Just remember that visibility is equity as much as your truck and equipment are.

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

logos are vary important heres one tell me the name of it from just the logo

logo_vc_companies.gif

5. Frontier-Lawn

6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Frontier-Lawn

:laugh: :laugh: :walking: :drinkup:

8. mdrlandscaping

mdrlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

i mean i know what i want i just dont know how to "computerize" my logo

9. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a web design program called Macro Media Fireworks. You can do anything in this program except put your design on the web. Dream Weaver does what Fireworks doesn't.

10. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

you need to open the drawing program and play with it

this goes for ANY windows based software.....and really any Mac as well......it is all there somewhere.....it is a matter of you figuring out which thing you want to do is under what menu.....then sub menu.....ect.

open the program.......click on the menus on the top....read what they are and think about what they probably do.......then start a new file and go.......make a shape.....color the shape.......move it around......rotate it......flip it.......spin multiples around an axis....and on and on

then try and draw your logo....remeber you do not have to free hand everything....often you can mesh shapes to give the curves and transitions you want

use the help menu in the software....read what the description of the function is....then try it

that is really the only way to REALLy just learn any software.......you can get a book, but they suck and it is all in the help menu

also it is all online somewhere too....if you can search yahoo well you will see how to use every command in every program on earth probably...and probably see photo examples too

or you could bust out 300 bones or something like that and have someone do it for you

....software...it is all about clicking on menus and seeing what things do.....unless it is programming :(

and do not forget the "undo" function for when things go crazy

also if you get something you like, save it and then open a new copy with a different name and then further experiment....that way if things blow up you can always just go back to the origional copy :cool2: