Logo's on covered trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tropical Trim, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Tropical Trim

Tropical Trim LawnSite Member

I'm planning on putting our logo on a wells cargo covered trailer. What type of material should the logo be made of? Paint(what kind),sticker,or what else? Looking for something that will stand up to the elements of nature. Something that will not fade,peel, or be polished off over a period of time. Let me know what works best for your company logo.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

my neighbor works for gerber scientific a big sign company if youre not familiar with them. he made me a sign thats made out of a 3m sticker material. you wet the trailer and the sticker. the water allows you to move it before it sets up. once it dries its not coming off without hair dryer and some chemical. this is the way to go. if you ever change your name or decal you just peel off the old one and put the new one on. beats repainting the trailer. this material is the stuff they put on the buses. holds up great.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Go with vinyl lettering for the above atated reasons. I just relettered mine and taking the old off was a snap. Here is a photo of the new lettering in vinyl:

trailer lettered.jpg

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Go with vinyl. You can peel it back off and change it if need be, and it lasts alot longer than paint.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep, just as the others said, vinyl is the way to go.
    Haven't had a problem with ours in three years.

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You got an enclosed trailer Jodi? Show us a picture.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

LOL... nah, I don't think so Homer. My mistake there.

No enclosed trailer here. But we do have the vinyl lettering on our truck. That's what I was talking about. Sorry for the confusion.:eek: