Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pyrocare, Jan 18, 2002.

1. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

Hi guys,

I've been trying to make a new logo to use on forms and uniforms, but I've been having trouble coming up with ideas. I'll post what I have tried but they just don't look as good as I would like them too. If I could get any advise or some ideas from you guys I'd sure appreciate it:confused: :confused: .

The resolution isn't what it will look like when printed since I changed it to a jpeg to post it.

2. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

The logo to the left will be very difficult to replicate (and expensive if they can) if you are ever going to try use and embroider on uniforms. Silkscreening will also not give it much justice.

The one to the right seems to be in a little disarray. With your company name on the grass that is different color, lengths and moving is a few different directions it could be inferred that you are positioning that is what a done job would look like. a nice plush scene of grass (maybe with a few clippings floating back down to the ground to look like your mower just passed by) would give a more positive connotation.

I am quite over analytical as I am developing my own logo right now. I tried to look at this as it was at the top of a proposal that you just sent me for work.

Just one mans thoughts...please only take it as being worht $.02

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

The one on the left with the mower is kinda cool for other LCO's to look at, but I think it's kinda lost on customers. Many probably wouldn't even know what it is (those walkers don't look like your average mower).
    The one on the right isn't bad, but I know what you mean by it not being quite right. It needs a more finished look. I'm guessing you did it yourself? Maybe look into having it professionaly done by a graphic artist?

Mine has grass at the bottom too, and it's long and uncut on one half and cut level on the other half where my company name is. Sorta looks like the name is cutting through the grass.
  4. A+Elawnservice

A+Elawnservice LawnSite Member
    from nj

on the left may be add some pic of trimers or tractor or plants trees etc text looks good so does the grass

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I think you should avoid that font on the lettering. Go with a more professional looking one. Just my opinion. Good luck.
  6. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Go to your sign guy, you'll have to have one anyway. This is their business and they know what works. Tell him what you'd like and they can usually come up with umpteen different and better ideas for a minimal or no charge. You wouldn't go to them for lawn advice. Trust your sign guy cause this will be an ongoing relationship.
  7. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

My opinion is that it should be SIMPLE and ELEGANT. SIMPLE and ELEGANT.
  8. site

site LawnSite Member

I paid a graphic designer $1000 to get me a good logo and it was totally worth it. At least once a week someone will say "Hey cool logo". My employees like it too. If I leave a printed sweatshirt hanging around for 5 minutes it disappears. Customers ask for T-shirts. The logo ties the whole company together and reminds everyone, including me sometimes, that we are professionals.
    In other words ask a graphic designer not a landscaper.
  9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ours didn't cost that much and I think it is pretty good. I think you are headed in the right direction with the second one. Keep trying you might come up with something.

shirt logo27.gif
  10. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Our logo has a wave on it rather than a tree or grass, it sets us apart.We can see the Ocean from many of our accounts.Hence our logo.We bring our fishin' poles to work with us at this time of year but I don't think they'd look good in the logo.