1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Jan 8, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried logoworks ? They have a startup package for $1500. It includes a logo design, letterhead design, envelope design, business card design, 500 printed business cards, and a three page website. Do you think it is worth the cost?
  2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

For that kind of money, I'd consider looking for a local graphic designer. Based on the quotes I've gotten, I think someone face-to-face would actually be competitive at that price.

3. echeandia

My preference is a local and I did post on craigslist. However, every reply has been from someone out of state. These guys have most of what I am looking for in this package.
  4. rockymtnmf

rockymtnmf LawnSite Member

Thats alot of money. Some places only charge $50 for a logo. 1000 business cards are less than $30. Webdesign for a basic site should be less than $500

You should do a search on here. I searched "logo" and "logo design" and got thread after thread. Here were some of the site that people suggested.

You can also try www.gophergraphics.com they have some free stuff you can play with yourself. Or they have a section in their forums for Graphic Design Requests.
  5. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

where are you in NoVA? There's a graphic designer here in Culpeper who does great work- I'm probably going with her.
  6. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

1500 seems a bit high to me. Search around, you should be able to find something better locally.
  7. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a lot of money to me also. You can get a website, and design it yourself with free templates for as low as $4.95 a month, and that includes 5 pages and the hosting of the account.

Business cards can be gotten as low as under $20.00 for 250 ... and you can design your own letterhead for stationary and envelops as well at Vista Print

Of course, the place you found does design nice logo's ... but I feel you could come up with a nice logo somewhere else, or I have seen some nice ones created on here by members of Lawnsite for others.

I don't use a "logo" ... but as you can see below I just have my name in a nice, clean font. This works well for me ... something simple, and something simple I can have lettered on my truck and trailer.

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Save that money and use it elsewhere.

I did my own logo. 2K business cards cost about 70 bucks at my local printer. I designed my own letter head and envelope.

I'm not sure how useful a website is anyways. How many people look online when they're looking for a LCO?

My logo isn't spectacular, but it also costed me nothing. And there are quite a few guys here who have done logos, you could probably get some good ideas from them.

If you DID decide to spend this money, I'd advise that you use it with a LOCAL designer, who you can work with face to face. Rather than some over-the-internet deal.
  9. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

10. echeandia

I look for almost everything on the internet and many of the people I know do as well. It doesn't cost much when compared with the cost of a business phone line and a yellow page ad (my cell phone will be my business number). I think with some Google AdWords, door hangers, and business cards I will have enough advertising to generate some business.