1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

LOL Just pass out flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CrimsonLawnCare, Mar 17, 2008.

1. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

lol yesterday i just passed out about 500 flyers and today i have gotten three phone calls. The first call, the first thing the guy says is my flyer is terrible because it doesnt have pricing on it LOL then he got mad at me because i couldn't give him a exacte quote for cleaning his flower beds and re mulching them, i told him i had to come out and measure the beds up to figure out what i was looking at, he got mad and said because i couldnt give him a exacte quote over the phone that i must not know what i a doing LOL...people just keep surprising me more and more everyday i swear. Atleast the other ones turned out to be good:usflag:
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

another day in the neighborhood!!! LOL
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Number one rule of business, the customer is not always right.
  4. CrimsonLawnCare

ya i know, it just makes me laugh sometimes i swear
  5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Well at least You received some response, keep it up. Good Luck
  6. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I would of thrown out a big ass price and said "there, there's a number, Now if you'd like I can come bye and give the real price"
  7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

i get surprised at the fact that i still get surprised at some of the things i hear from people.

lol, try figuring that one out. ive actually hung up on a lady a couple times only to have her call me back thinking we got disconnected and continue her rant on how to mulch her beds properly.
  8. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

lol! Now THAT'S a correct quote.

Don't sweat it Crimson. Don't even give that moron a second thought. EVERYBODY in this business eventually comes across these IDIOTS.

Just move on... :walking:

Next time, pass out 1,500 fliers. You get it..
  9. CrimsonLawnCare

lol thanks guys, i will be hitting up more flyers lol got 10,000 to go. couple hours a day keeps the phone ringing :)
  10. Don M.

Don M. LawnSite Member

I get hit with that sometimes "Can you tell me how much it is to pressure wash my house over the phone".

Just tirekickers.....