1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lol!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bcg, Jun 25, 2012.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

So this guy just calls to ask about an install. Go through the basic information and general range of starting costs for doing that and he says, "Wow, that's a little expensive. Can I take this with me when I move?"

LOL, I just don't know what to say to that...

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Answer: You sure can, in the form of cash from the increase in value to your property.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Thread should be titled "S*#% my Customers Say"
    I know it's not a customer yet, but you get the idea.

4. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I did a consultation with a potential customer and could tell he wasn't looking to spend a lot so I through a ballpark number at him to gauge his reaction before I invested any time in the design. He came back with something along the line of "I don't need anything to efficient, I just don't have the time to sit around and wait between moving the sprinklers around, how about you come buy a few times a week to water the lawn and move the sprinklers for me?" I laughed and said "sure we can do that, our service rate is $120 an hour, it will take about 3 hours a day 3-4 days a week to properly water your lawn"

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be all over that. Sit outside with some margaritas one day, sit around with some cold beers another day, watching the sprinklers work. I could do all my calling and scheduling while on site, waiting to move the sprinklers around :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

My brother did that with a nice FXL lighting system I installed at his house in the Hollywood Hills.

I said "WTF?" and he replied that he didn't get his asking price for the house and "They've never even seen it at night." :hammerhead: