lonely times

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, May 14, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

How many of u guys are solo? THis is my first year and I'm already getting a bit lonely sometimes. But I don't quite have enough customers to afford me help. I have the headphones but sometimes they just don't cure the lonely feeling. Any of u guys feel the same? I know I just gotta deal with it at least for this first year.

2. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I love working alone. For me it is the best part. No bosses to worry about. No butt-kissing fellow employees to compete with. Just me. Now I would love the profits that can come from hired help but I don't have the business yet or the experience to lead other guys.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Say you are lonely,are you listening to country it makes you depressed and thinking about suicide try rock & roll.

4. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I was never much into country anyway. I listen to more rock and r&b.
    :laugh: So I'm not suicidal, just lonely at times :rolleyes:

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I know,yesterday i had a shrub trimming job planned with help well guess what the helped didn't show so i took of with no worry got the job done with money in my pocket,sure i get bored or lonely but help is a headache.

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I like working by myself. I hardly get lonely. I do like my Ipod.

7. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

i dont mind being alone, for some reason.... I LOVE RIDING MY MOWER i dont know why.... thats why i need more damn customers so i can ride it more >_<

8. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

working is the only personal time I get. When Im home I have a screaming wife and 2 screaming kids.. I look forward to working alone everyday.....

9. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i would'nt say i like being away from my wife and kids but i will say it does give me some time to think....the whole time i'm on a job i'm thinking of my next business move...or how my day was at my full-time job...

it does give me some thinking time...and i love my iPod as well

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I remember feeling like I was all alone in this great big world in my first year, too.
    I think it's a combination of running solo, being single, and not paying no mind to the slews of dime-a-dozen comedians out there.

I wish the world were not like this, and I believe it doesn't have to be, but I also know somebody always cheats and that gets it started... Never ceases to amaze me thou, the disproportionate large numbers of fakers and cheats over the few honest folks out there.

I have a roommate, that helps, guy I met many years ago, we get along.
    Lawnsite helps, too.
    I'm a member on Yahoo Answers, that fills it in a bit, so does the trucks forum, which:
    brandoftruckforum.com (so dodgeforum / chevyforum / fordforum).
    An online mmorpg can help, thou in the end it all gets so geeky feeling.

The parents and I, we talk and get together.
    No real friends otherwise, just nothing but fakes IMO, sad, real sad.

I think America has a real problem with relationships, personally.
    Seems like 'friendship' around here means gimme-gimme and tyvm, see ya!
    Then they call when they need something again, like so long someone can take from me, we're friends.
    That, or it's the other way around, neither pleases me.
    The conversations are superficial, materialistic, no essence or flavor to it, so why bother...
    The women, I don't even want to get into it.

I got used to it, I feel the choice is loneliness or sacrificing my integrity, and I can't do it, I just can't do it anymore. So, I became a materialistic perfectionist...

I figure if I can't be their friend, then he with the most awesome running toys wins.