Long bathroom breaks

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by seabee24, Aug 21, 2013.

1. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

Lol. Could be. I'm not going to ask not do I want to know

Should I buy dirty magazines to speed up the process

2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Nope. And don't ever ask to borrow his smart phone with internet access

:D

3. JBradshaw00

JBradshaw00 LawnSite Member

While this is a possibility... It's not as definite as you make it sound. Making these sort of assumptions to your employee could cause some problems.

I run into this alot at my full time job. It's a very face paced labor intensive job and alot of times the newer guys will wonder off because they need a break or just arent used to the work. Some younger guys will be gone using phones or texting and facebooking, twittering, instagraming and all the above.

In whatever situation, I pull the person to the side without making a scene and ask them whats going on, usually they will tell me and I'll nicely ask them to try to speed it up some. If it continues then we go to the next step.

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Bustin a oaknut

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

[​IMG]

6. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

my wife has chrones desiese. yes my slepping is atrocious. either way, when it comes to bathroom breaks. she is the worste. she has had part of her bowels taken out and only has a comfortable poop every few months at best. your guy takes over twice the time that she does. just politely, and privatly mention to him that he needs to be quicker about it. if he has bowel issues you can understand taking time, but beyond 20 minutes on the can is excessive for anyone.

I have a cousin in good over weight health. he has always spent 60 min + on the toilet. don't know why. he just sits there endlessly. when he was young would bring lego's into the bathroom.

7. cnymowing

cnymowing LawnSite Member

shaking hands with the president? :laugh:

I don't know man... I had a guy last year that every day on this one job he would take a 20+ minute bathroom break....

IN THE ON SITE PORTA-JON!!!
    The running joke was that he must have been in there playing angry birds... the breaks stopped after we picked up the whole can and put it on the trailer and drove around the block :cool2:

And then I fired his lazy butt.

8. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Why do you seriously doubt that this guy is getting high? It's a drug addicts job to fool everyone around them, and they do it so damn well. Could it be something else? Cell phone video games? Shaking hands with the president? Sure, but from the facts that you presented, I would put money on the fact that he is getting ripped up.... You can easily rule it out though, follow him and see what's up..... If he catches you following him and gets mad, tell him you wanted to know what was up because the your paying him to take two long breaks every day and that is unacceptable....

9. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

statisticially drug abuse is not the reason. statisticially he is just lazy. yes it is a possibility. but dont assume people are bad.

10. IES

IES LawnSite Senior Member

Sometime your lucky and get that one employee that is both lazy AND a druggie