1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Long Bed Work Trucks W/ Dovetail Landscape Bodies?????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RossP, Aug 6, 2008.

1. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

I've seen the Ford Ranger set ups with the original bed removed and replaced with a specialty landscaper's body w/ a dove tail. This seems like an amazing idea but I would need something bigger for it to work in my area.

Does anyone utilize this idea but instead replace the body of a long bed work truck that can carry more weight and have a larger surface area to fit mowers? Maybe a couple 36" or even 48"s??

Pics would be awesome!!!

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Ive seen it all over this area. no pics tho. especially duallys.

3. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I am currently doing this to my old dodge longbed to put a 48 inch tiger cub on it. look at accu cuts set up he carrys a 60 inch hustler on his dodge

4. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

5. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

Thanks that helped a lot! I'd want something of that sort with the dovetail, except on a long bed with some Heavy Duty leaf springs and bags on there. Seems so effiecient and professional looking.

6. shepoutside

Oh, a loooong bed, here ya go...........

2577486_1.jpg

7. shepoutside

Or this, on a van frame............

MowbedSide.jpg

8. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I was going to do it to my old dodge 2500, but then it got sold. I was looking at a UPS truck today and was thinking if you put a gate on the back they would make great mowing trucks for cheap money.

9. shepoutside

one more.........

f-550.jpg

10. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Shep, where do you keep finding these cool trucks? I want to see some pictures of your Rangers with the custom bodies too.