Long Distance secure payments???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BCR840, Mar 20, 2011.

1. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

If I am selling a mower to someone in another state what is the best method of payment? I have heard that PayPal may not be the best avenue. What do you guys do?

2. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

Anyone?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use Paypal. What's not to like? He transfers the money to you and you transfer it to your account.

4. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

I had heard that if the buyer claims they did not get the item then paypal will not distribute my cash. Also its 2.??% on what I make. Do I add that to the total price?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

There was someone else on here trying to sell something that "strictly wanted cash".
    I thought paypal was okay too. I also enquired about a postal money order. What about that?

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I use pay pal. A bank wire cost $15 bucks through your bank and its a same day transfer into your bank account. But you have to give the buyer some bank info. Pay pal is the way to go.

7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Paypal is great, except for high dollar stuff, you get crushed by their fees. If the only way you can sell it is to an out of state buyer, your gonna spend some cash on gas so I would definitely have them prepay for the machine..

Sounds like a sticky situation!
    Posted via Mobile Device