1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

long handled garden tools

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by touhey33, Mar 28, 2008.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you guys buy your long handled garden tools? Spade shovels, rakes, hoe, square shovels, etc...
  2. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

You mean torture tools right. Wood against skin makes blisters. I try to stay away from them.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Home Cheapo, and Lowes. Occasionally, like for rakes, I find them on sale at places like Meijer. I like the Ames widesweep rakes for fall work, but we usualy use the steel tined leaf rakes for spring, as they dig a little better for packed down stuff and stuff that is matted down in turf and stuff. rakes get used very little...mainly for touch up work, and pulling out corners and stuff. Heavy stuff in beds get hit before the blowers, as well. Many guys on here buy Craftsman rakes from Sears (maybe available at Kmart now, too). They wear thee rakes out, and take them back for a free exchange.
  4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I buy craftsman tools from sears, and I usually buy fiberglass handles
  5. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

i just went to sears and they had a bunch of cheap leaf rakes on sale for 2.97. i picked a couple up..if i break them the first day o well.
  6. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Am Leonard. Quality tools for good prices. Call them and speak with Nancy Rudy, she has a special pricing program for professionals. You can order online, but they have better prices if you speak with an account manager.

A cheap tool becomes an expensive tool when you have to buy it again because it broke or return it for the warranty, takes time and they will always fail you when you need them most.