Long Island NY hurricane/tree work

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by mdlwn1, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Looking to touch base with anyone around here dealing with large quantities of wood on the ground.

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Whats up man. You want wood? Or you want a place to get rid of it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mdlwn1

Looking for log truck rates, 30 yard container uncut fire wood rates, and 30 yard container stump/debris rates. You could say I have a lot of wood on the ground...lol. Just bought a T750 with grapple. Trying to find out what people are paying out there.

4. alldayrj

I found a guy with a grapple truck who wanted 600/day plus i pay the dumps. Everything else(stumps logs branches chips) I've been dumping myself for 65/ ton or 20/yard depending where i go. I've been meaning to call my buddy who does rolloffs and trucking for rates. I'll let you know when i do.

What towns is the wood in?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mdlwn1

Brookville. I've been told 100-200 per load of nice logged oak. 400 30 yd firewood container and 500-700 for 30yd stumps and garbage. Spoke to a mill today that will charge 125/hour to pick up logs of 8.5' or better and 55/hr for metal detection and removal....then they will calculate value and credit towards the cost of removal. Im trying to figure out how to value and grade the oak I have here....mill said they're way to busy to check and price a 50 tree job.

6. alldayrj

Nice I've been out to jericho and great neck lately.
    I've seen some guys who want logs for firewood but theyre out in suffolk. I've figured it out a dozen ways myself an it comes down to too much time. I've just been billing in the dumps and dumping it. Plus i usually run mixed loads
    Posted via Mobile Device