Long Island - Suffolk County- dump?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bluediamond, May 5, 2004.

1. bluediamond

bluediamond LawnSite Member

I live in Suffolk County and I'm spending a fortune to dump grass & leaves each week. If you live in Suffolk- where do you dump and how much does it cost? I'm looking for some alternatives- the dumping prices are killing us!
    Thanks.

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Bluediamond- We've been going to Omni in West Babylon for grass clippings. Trying to get away from there but no one else wants grass. For leaves and branches, you might want to try White Post in Huntington/West Hills or Belli in Brentwood. I believe White Post is $8 per yard, and Belli will vary depending on what mood they are in. Good luck, I know this is a problem for everyone.

3. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

I just moved from long island, I'm sure you have heard of LI compost? I know they accept grass, i just don't know how much it costs to dump there.

-Rich

4. bluediamond

bluediamond LawnSite Member

Thanks for both suggestions. I had never heard of White Post before. Their prices on flats are incredible!
    I have heard of LI Compost. I tried emailing them- I'll keep you posted on what happens.

5. jeffros

jeffros LawnSite Member

can anyone tell me where the best and cheapest place in brookhaven near Coram, Mount Sinai, etc to dump clippings, and leaves, etc. Thanks

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I live in riverhead and I dump in the Soulthold dump. I am about 2 seconnds away form LI compost and I often wonder if they allow dumping. I know they sell mulch and topsoil.

7. dubblet125

dubblet125 LawnSite Member

i live in brookhaven and i dump at long island compost(great gardens) its $40 ton for grass and leaves but if you live in brookhaven you can dump leaves only at the manorville compost center for free you just have to fill out a form and have the customer sign it and the customer has to live in brookhaven hope that helps