Long Leaf Pine Straw

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by jkushner, Aug 9, 2011.

1. jkushner

jkushner LawnSite Member

Looking for a supplier for long leaf pine straw, we are located in the Charlotte, NC area and in need of 25k bales. Anyone ever purchase this much or could recommend a company that has good prices on this much quanity please let me know.

2. Green Acres Lawn CAre

Green Acres Lawn CAre LawnSite Member

If your willing to bring a few semis down the guy I buy from usually sells it to me for between $2.15 and 2.30 a bale but Im almost positive he couldnt get you 25 thousand bales at one time he onlys got about 10 mexicans and they can only bale about 1500 a week.

3. Green Acres Lawn CAre

Green Acres Lawn CAre LawnSite Member

I'm sure he would give you an awesome price if you were buying that quantity though.

4. jkushner

jkushner LawnSite Member

Do you have a number for him, its worth a shot to see if he could provide that much quanity. Most places from NC to Fl are telling me 3.20 to 3.55 and saying there is that much of a mark up. Thanks for your post!

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

I tried to find a certain supplier out of GA who would let you keep the trailer till you could unload it. Coudn't find him. These guys don't do that, but they might be worth checking out. They are close to you.

https://www.pineneedles4sale.com/wholesale.html

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Do you still need the pine straw? You have a PM.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  7. PowerstrokeWalker

PowerstrokeWalker LawnSite Member

Try Larry Shelton at Pine Straw Dist his number is 919-233-3440

8. Waltb

Waltb LawnSite Member

My straw guy, Brian Peake, deals in volumes like this..his number is 803-427-1837. He's in Columbia, SC. Thanks