long or short?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Kumi, Apr 7, 2006.

?

When you're mowing lawns in the summer do you wear shorts or pants?

1. Shorts

237 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Pants

208 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Kumi

Kumi LawnSite Member

I wear both but which do you guys wear for mowing: shorts or pants?

2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i always where pants never shorts.

3. Kumi

Kumi LawnSite Member

how do you stand the heat? the only way i can stand 90 degrees or so when mowing is to wear light colored shorts,and light shirt with the top 2 buttons undone. :confused:

4. Madstriper

Madstriper LawnSite Member

He is from Mass. They only think they know what hot is up there. They can actually get in the shade and cool off in the summers up there.

5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I wear pants year round. reason being I really dislike things that hit me in the legs while trimming. the heat is a small detail to me.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I wear long pants only.

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I wear shorts year-round. In the winter I might have on two shirts, a sweatshirt, gloves and a hat, but still shorts.;)

8. Kumi

Kumi LawnSite Member

not to mention having really hairy legs and having to brush grass out of it :laugh: i honestly have to do that when i wear shorts and mow/trim. it's both annoying and humorous at the same time.

9. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

heat doesnt bother me i normally keep workin try to get it done as fast and as nice as posible. i also hate when i trim and rocks fly up. alot do because i also edge with the weed whip.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Have always worn shorts but have been wearing pants all the time so far this year, keeps stuff out of my shoes, protects my legs, and it does look more professional as i don't have nice cargo shorts, i just have basketball shorts