long or short?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Kumi, Apr 7, 2006.

?

When you're mowing lawns in the summer do you wear shorts or pants?

1. Shorts

237 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Pants

208 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

90% of the time I wear Work pants but there are some days I break out and wear shorts. Always wear a light t-shirt or muscle shirt, and steel toed work boots, my hat and sun/saftey glasses!

2. stihlgirl

stihlgirl LawnSite Member

I always wear long pants. If I'm riding the mower, my knees don't get burned, and if I'm weedeating, those rocks don't sting so badly.

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

shorts nice cargo shorts:usflag:

4. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

Shorts are the way to go

5. greenjeans_il

greenjeans_il LawnSite Member

Pants. Protection from debris and more professional. Dickie's are great. Not to hot, not to thin.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

I wear jeans,a light Tshirt,hightop boots and,safty glasses.but them rocks still sting.

7. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

dickies Double knee pants.. year round.

Great to keep grass out of your boots and shins from bleeding. Also nice to kneel down in the dirt when weeding. All around more professional looking. For hardscaping landscaping i will wear shorts but not often.

Dickies pants and dickies shirts, steel toe boots, safety glasses, hats and ear plugs..

8. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I wear pants year round. I wasn't concerned with the rocks and flying debris hitting my legs, but I got tired of dealing with all the poison ivy/oak. It grows crazy here, and most of the time you don't see those vines when they're small. Then you wipe off all the build up (of what you thought was only grass) on your legs and don't realize it's now on your hands, the door handle, steering wheel, trimmers, blowers, mowers, etc... Now you're in trouble. It's just a matter of time before you rub your eyes, scratch your head, or worse yet, go to the bathroom. I think I'll stick with wearing pants.

9. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i did wear shorts but when the rocks hit me i started to bleed on my legs i didnt care but then i mowed al day once and i was wicked bloody and i wore shorts ver sence.

10. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I wear Dickies work pants when im mowing or planting and if im working the nursery then ill wear Dickies work shorts. I also wear steel toe loggers.