1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

long or short?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Kumi, Apr 7, 2006.

?

When you're mowing lawns in the summer do you wear shorts or pants?

1. Shorts

237 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Pants

208 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I always gave my guys the option. Personally, I wear shorts practically year round. If the snow creeps up past my sock line then maybe I will dig a pair of pants out of the closet. Don't get me wrong - I have the war wounds to prove that pants are probably the better choice - just couldn't ever get comfortable wearing pants - mainly because my calves are 22 1/2 inches around - not easy to find pants that fit right.

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I will wear shorts if its warm enough.

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Pants for me.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Ever since I found these in my first year, I have worn exclusively the Wild Ass Original Work Pants.

The name may imply some sort of a joke, but these pants are the most serious thing I have ever worn.

These pants are tough, a few do tear over the years and they also fade but I have at least one set that's gone 4 years without falling apart, that has got to be a record.

We're not talking regular tough jeans, we're talking logger pants, jeans worn by guys cutting down BIG WOOD !
    And what's good enough for them is good enough for me.

That, and the Wild Ass logo stamped on the back sure gets a few wild comments as well.

For 26 dollars, Wild Ass pants rule!
    http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/150

5. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

Pants. To me they just look more professional. I get mine from Wal-mart. Usually about 16-19 dollars. Cargos made of light material. Mine have lasted several years too. Steel toes as well. Don't need tha toes getting crunched.

6. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on the time of year, but most of the time I wear shorts.

7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

getting hit by rocks, having more area exposed to poison ivy, having an extra pound of crap stuck to my legs after line trimming, and many other reasons I always wear pants and require it of all my employees.

And if you wear loose fitting pants (at the leg not the waist) it isn't that much hotter than shorts.

8. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i wear shorts, trimming dosen't bother me....my helper does it all....:laugh:

9. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

you got it. Plus my ugly ass legs should be hidden.

10. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Pant's all the time...

Trying to trim with shorts on...is like frying bacon with no shirt on!!