long or short?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Kumi, Apr 7, 2006.

When you're mowing lawns in the summer do you wear shorts or pants?

1. Shorts

237 vote(s)
  2. Pants

208 vote(s)
  1. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Shorts here
  2. How about it, I wear a swimming suit! I sweat so bad, I soak my shorts, underwear, and everything in the wallet! And the legs arn't pretty!
  3. colestat

colestat LawnSite Member
    from NJ

My husband wears shorts all summer - I always wear pants when I help him.
  4. beaubasinlawn

beaubasinlawn LawnSite Member

i wear long pants made by magellan their actually made for pro fisherman they are light weight so you dont get as hot but still protect your legs
  5. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

I used to only wear shorts, until something hit me on both legs leaving small cuts while strimming. The worst part was fighting some type of skin infection on both legs for 6 weeks. Took a major dose of steroids and a large amount of antibiotics to get rid of. I'd rather sweat then go thru that again.
  6. beaubasinlawn

beaubasinlawn LawnSite Member

those pants by magellan also convert to shorts so if you know that you are not going to use a weedeater anymore you can unzip the pants and make them into shorts
  7. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

i Always wear pants when mowing, tried shorts once and not a good idea when using the trimmer
  8. Frankieg

Frankieg LawnSite Member

I always wear pants, (woodland BDU army pants), and CAT boots whenever I mow my lawn, or am mowing someone elses. The camo pants are comfortable, if they get grass stains, no biggie as it blends in, and most importantly, they are cheap at any army surplus . I used to wear shorts, but learned my lesson the hard way.... Ever since a friend recommended army pants, that's what it has been ever since. Can't go wrong with them...
  9. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

I'm with Lawn Masters!
  10. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

I might of already posted this before. I wear shorts as long as i can. I also love mowing with no shirt. Its one of the main reasons for being in this business for me personally. It gives me a feeling of realxness i can not get sitting inside with a suit and tie all bundled up inside somewhere. Try it you will love it.