? ..Long range weather forecast..?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Mar 28, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Have you seen any long range forecasts for this spring?. Next week they're calling for rain 4 of 5 days.

I hope to h - - - its not going to be another non-stop rain season like '03.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Just finished my first full week and guess what---NO RAIN--Hope this is a sign of whats to come but more than likely just the calm before the storm.LOL.. Good luck in 04
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Long range forcast for me is looking out the window and seeing what is going on. Spring time is so unpredictable that the only thing I count on is that eventually it gets light and dark but in differing shades.
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i dont even watch the weather any more. it is way to unpredictable. i look out the window when im ready to work.
  5. GarPA

from PA

how true....the weather people have jmore computers and software than ever before and they still cant predict whats going to happen even in the same day.

Mow Ed...George Carlin used to have a saying similar to yours...
    " Today will be light followed by mostly dark this evening"...at least thats one forecast we can count on
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Gary, quit your belly aching. I heard you made sooooooo much $$$ mowing non-stop in 2003 that Donald Trump phones you personally when he needs a loan...LOL
  7. GarPA

from PA

Rod...were you peeking....again...into my bank account? You Dawg....

$ are fine...but I'd like to have a freaking personal life this year...I'll be happy with one day a week off....
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Okay guys, don't jack me up over this.

The Northern Oscillation over the Atlantic Ocean is headed into it's third year and weakening. The oscillation has a typical cycle of 3 years. It is this oscillation that was responsible for the non-stop rainfall from October 2003 until recently. This spring and summer should be what a person would consider normal.

Gary, your 3 days of rain is typical for March/April at this time of year. Don't sweat it.
  9. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

About the only thing I check is the weather.com forecast at night for the following morning. Even then it is wrong alot.