Long sleeve or short sleeve shirts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KINGjosh, Oct 11, 2004.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

This question is for the hot days of summer. How many of you guys prefer to wear long sleeve shirts of short sleeve? We wear long sleeve shirts to protect against the sun. Saves alot on sun screen
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Used to wear long sleeves. Had small bit of skin cancer removed on left arm. Not only that but it kept dust off and when wind would blow acted like an evaporative cooler. Cuffs always wore out real fast from all the grime eating away at them.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I always wear short-sleeves, finally found a good sunscreen that works. I suppose if I was in Fla., I might consider long-sleeves, but I think I'd just get too hot.
  4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Don't depend on the sunscreen alone. Remember there's a reason we get the "farmers tan". I'll tell ya when they cut out that piece it hurt like a mutha the following week when sweat got into the stitches.
  5. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Well once the shirts completely soaked, its actually kinda nice
  6. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

long sleeves here most of the time.
  7. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Long sleeves here.Make anyone that works for me wear long shirt and a hat.Problem happens 20 years down the road when they sue you for their skin cancers.
    Some local councils here have made long shirts and pants and a broad brimmed hat compulsory for all its employees.
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I undertand the need for protection fro the sun's rays but I coudn't imagine wearing long sleeves during the summer.

heck--I still wear short sleeves through most of winter! :cry:

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Short sleeves, and I have never used sunscreen,or tanning lotion, including the two years I lived in Hawaii.
  10. A Leaf Above

A Leaf Above LawnSite Member

Definately long sleeve shirts .Not only because of the sun down here in South Florida, Also because the grass makes me itch like crazy .