Long Summer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PicturePerfectLawns, Aug 15, 2014.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Still waiting for spring to start let alone summer! Aug.and wearing a sweatshirt to cut grass and not even breaking a sweat

2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

It's not that cool here, but we haven't been out of the mid 80's in a while. Which is cool for NC this time of year.

3. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I am starting seeding next week, about two weeks earlier than normal.

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

High of 60 is not summer in Aug!

5. oqueoque

Male, from NJ

Our average high in August is 87 degrees. We have had only one day in August where it got to 87. I stopped using the A/C in my house. My electric bill is 1/3 of a typical summer. For me it has been a great summer. I always work when it hits 100, so this year has been great. Low humidity also.

6. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Fun = 101 degrees, empty stomach, sore, cramping, no clouds, very humid, no shade, running the weedeater with teeth showing.

7. oqueoque

Male, from NJ

You got keep your mouth closed or you will get grass stains on your teeth. I always try to, but I swallow a few bugs each year. Normally on the rider. You know you are in trouble when they hit the back of your throat before you know it.

8. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

I hear you. I rarely want to eat when it's 102 and I'm sweating. I want nothing but ice cold water. :drinkup:

9. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

You know I get it worse than you, if only slightly, lol. This weather is the usual here, which makes me crazy to keep mowing! lol I guess I will eventually move to a location where they have the most rainfall and snowfall in the winter, if I decide to move. :)

10. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

If you plan to be in this business for a while, I'd move to Hawaii. :weightlifter:

Year round' growing season. Enough said. :drinkup: