Long Summer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PicturePerfectLawns, Aug 15, 2014.

1. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

To mow? :laugh:

2. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I lived there for about a year. But saving up enough money for rent would take a while, probably. I've seen plenty of lawns you could do with a 21" to get started, and I think the winter is even shorter than here.

3. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Louisiana forecast - plenty of summer left

weather.JPG

4. PicturePerfectLawns

I hear you. We have PLENTY of summer left here too. In fact I think our summer is just getting started. But it looks like the good man above is blessing you guys. We are in terrible shape. Here's a picture I snapped in the neighborhood I work in, this is a picture of the park. Everything from churches, to many commercials, and a lot of residentials are looking pretty bad right now. The dry hot weather is starting to take it's toll and might slow down the summer early for some of us. I went to South Austin other day and it was bad, but didn't look as bad as we are looking over here. I think they might have got a bit more rain than us, not to mention we sit on nothing but limestone, so our soils are poor and don't retain any water, and dry out pretty quickly.

[​IMG]

5. PicturePerfectLawns

I guess it's just not meant to be. Two days in a row we had a gigantic storm within miles of us, heading the same exact direction as us. First time it broke up, and the second time it just bounced right over us I guess. That or the weather man gets paid 90k to tell lies.

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Same thing happened here for the most part. Some areas saw about 2 inches, while my house barely got wet. Which is alright. I'd rather my clients get the rain than me. I know I'll water my own lawn...