Long Term Use of Quick 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf-R-Us, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Turf-R-Us

Turf-R-Us LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I am considering buying a Quick 36 Super Duty or Samauri walk-behind. Anyone out there been using one of these for more than a year. If so, how long and/or how many hours does it have? Also, how well has it held up to the rigors of normal commercial use/abuse?
  2. Turf-R-Us

from Kansas

Anyone??? C'mon...
  3. GotGreen

GotGreen LawnSite Member
    from STL

Have you consider the Ferris HydroCut, similar single hydro system to the Quick 36 Samurai, but with a 13hp Kawi and 2 blades, about same or better price than the Quick 36. Also the Red Hawk, again a 36 with 2 blades but dual IZT so more friendly on turns (I think) than a single hydro and about the same or a little more than the last 2. Just more options. From these three, I have only used the Ferris and I liked it, plus there will be a local dealer if there is always the need for it, but have to be honest, I am liking the features on the Red Hawk.
  4. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I do Not Own a Quick 36 ...Yet...But will for next season.
    There Is No other Walk Behind built like the quick36 IMO...I can see them lasting a very long time.
    Also three blades are way better than two...By a long shot.
    The way they have that deck designed... and the engine choice...What more could a Lco ask for.
  5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using them since December, 2005 and we us it alot as we maintain alot of property and we have had zero down time with it. For the money it cannot be beat period, and their customer service is without doubt some of the best in the green industry.
  6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

quick 36 built like a tank for sure! cannot wait to have on on my trailer..
  7. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

i called down to the factory where they make the quick 36 and asked all the questions i could possibly think of and they were very professional and quick with their information. i live about 2 hrs from them and they suggested i come down and take a tour and look at their business. i have been on here trying to find something bad about them and cant seem to do it. Im sold on the mower!:usflag:
  8. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Get one man... my machien has made me some serious serious money this summer on the side... and eveyrone loves the cut its leaves and the stripes.. these people who think ferris is better are nuts the quick 36 is a tank and cuts way better imo.
  9. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

My Quick super duty just arrived today. I'll post pics in another thread...

Obviously I cannot comment on the longevity of this machine, however after speaking to Gary two times and a few others on this site, as well as reading the posts via the "search" option, I've come to the conclusion that I've not only made one of the best purchases I could have, but one I should have made about a year ago.

I only got to mow my own lawn today with the machine due to it arriving late, however I was done so fast that I just kind of cruised around with it getting the hang of it (which is incredibly easy).

I've been in sales and customer service for the past 10 years, and after speaking with Gary even the first time I had my mind made up. If something goes down, and it will due to the fact that we're dealing with moving, wearable parts, I've no doubt the support will be there.
  10. Turf-R-Us

from Kansas

Mike, are you using the Super Duty model? If so, how do you like the B&S ELS-16 engine?