Long tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by SouthernLandworks, Jun 15, 2008.

1. SouthernLandworks

SouthernLandworks LawnSite Member

Do not buy a long tractor!! A buddy of mine had one for about 4 years and here recently he was simply bush hogging around his pond when he happened to look down and fluid was everywhere. He parked it and looked up under to find a hole in the rear end housing about the size of a golf ball. He removed the drain plug and shards of metal and pieces of bearings and what not feel into his hand. He was told it would take more to fix than what it was worth. The tractor only had 174 hours on it. He came to the conclusion that you get what you pay for and bought a Kubota.

2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Cause they went belly up, out of business, I think in April of this year!:laugh::laugh:

3. SouthernLandworks

SouthernLandworks LawnSite Member

That's good to hear.

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

You get what you pay for! Kubotas are expensive & worth every dime!

5. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd kinda halfway agree with that statement, the only thing that I would change is to say that OLD Kubota's are worth it, the new ones aint much better than a deere!

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Kubotas have just become better and better. Trust me on this, i know it for a fact as i have purchased 3 new machines in the last 8 years. The new l series, hst plus tranny is a huge leap forward in tractor tranny technology!