1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Long Tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by The Good Earth, Oct 20, 2002.

1. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

Anybody using tractors manufactured by Long Agribusiness? I am looking to purchase a couple new tractors and wanted to know what you folks thought, good or bad, about the tractors. Right now I am using a Massey-Ferguson 253. I like the Massey but am open to other options except for John Deere.

2. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at Long when I bought my Kabota in the spring. Seemed like a good price, but I went for the solid name that Kabota brings to the table. I don't regret my decision at all.

3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

My cuz has a long. It is broke down more than it runs... Junk.

4. Mow&Snow

Glad I bought a Kabota then.

5. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

As I understand, Long tractors are made in Romania. This being the case, I would go with either Ford/New Holland or Kabota. What ever you do, stay away from Massey/Iseki.

6. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Long makes a good tractor. The problem comes if you ever need parts. Hard to come by and can be expensive. It's hard to beat Massey or Kubota.

7. Mow&Snow

While looking for a tractor last spring, I had a Long salesman tell me a bunck of lies about Kubota that made his tractor look more promising. If I hadn't checked his facts I would have made a bad decision.