Long Trip With a Plow

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by jrblawncare, Oct 24, 2000.

1. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all,just wondering what I should do.I leave tonight for up north to pick up a plow and I'm having it mounted up there....when I head for home should I put it in the back of my truck or leave it on for the trip,its just over 600 miles.THANKS JOHN

2. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to overheat your truck, put the plow on the front, and raise it all the way up.

Put it in the bed.

3. jrblawncare

Jaclawn,Why would I want to over heat my truck?Sorry if it was a dump question,I was not sure this is why I asked !!

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I would put it in the back in your truck bed for a trip of that distance. The truck will run cooler and it will ride much better too.

5. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Back of the truck...

6. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely, the back of the truck!!!!

7. jrblawncare

Thats where it will go...THANKS

8. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE LawnSite Member

600 miles??????????? no plow installer by you?

9. jrblawncare

Its a long story...Its a free-bee coming off another truck and going on mine...My old home town Rochester NY...Long live Lake Effect!!!

10. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I mentioned this in another thread, but I will repost here. Discussion of lake effect snow is strickly prohibited. It will cause much jealousy and depression among the members who have to rely actual snow storms, instead of"artificial" snow.
    Dino