Longest Day ever?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Eho, Apr 17, 2005.

1. 90?!?!?!?

2. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Back in '96, I lived in Atlanta when the Olympics came to town. We had properties downtown that were closed off to vehicular traffic except between the hours of midnight to 5 am. Several of our other properties were affected to due to their proximity to events. It was a Wednesday evening, about 6pm and we were just about to go home, when someone had to idea to come back at 10pm and start our day. :help: We did not stop until 6:30am on Friday. We mowed for 36 hours straight, only taking breaks for meals. ;) We did only commercial office parks, so they were well lit and empty. I did that several other times that summer, just not for 36 hours, more like 20 or so. Our days always started at 3 am, and we typically finished about 5:30 pm everyday. That summer I averaged 75 hours in 5 days. :dizzy: Never again!!! I keep my guys at 40!!! :D
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, glad to see I'm not hte only crazy one. 36hrs straight plowing, and for landscape work we pulled a 7am-11pm once with 4 guys. payup
  4. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

6:30 in the morning to 9:30 at night fertilizing houses. 10 pallets of fert that day with 1 other guy. Two spreaders and a Z with mounted spreader.
  5. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

yes me and another guy did 90 homes this past saturday
  6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

7am - 9pm.

Mowing, had to stop couldn't see anymore.. we were leaving mohawks.
  7. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I gotta call bull**** on this unless you are doing mobile home trailers

8. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

and longest day mowing was 30 hours strait when we had 4-5 days of rain last year, I finally said f-it and bought a friggin wetsuit and cut in the rain, it ended about 6-8 hours into my mowing marathon