1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Longest Rock Launch

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by curtislawncare, Aug 12, 2006.

1. JoshC

JoshC LawnSite Member

This wasn't landscaping related, but I did put a heck of a dent in the hood of a guy's truck with a pumpkin last November. Some friends and I made a pumpkin chunker (12' tall catapult with 800# counterweight) and everybody was told not to park behind the machines in case one misfired. This one guy didn't move and for some reason our machine threw a pumpkin about 150' up and 100' back.....and then THUD SPLAT. Seemed like it took forever to finally make impact. Everbody except for the owner of the truck thought it was funny.

I did shoot a golfball about 150', bounce it off a barn, and then watch it land in a swimming pool with the old Ferris one time. That was pretty good.
  2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

my buddy wrapped one of those long steel dog cables around his blades, he also hit a giant snapping turtle with a diskbine and a deer with his snowmobile...maybe he just likes causing carnage.