1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

longest trimmer shaft

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DustyH, May 15, 2007.

1. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

Who makes the best trimmer for someone over 6' tall? I am 6'2" and running a trimmer for very long leaves my back hurting. I currently use an echo and a Stihl with the interchangeable heads and both are too short for me to stand upright and run. I end up bending over the whole time to get the trimmer head somewhat level with the ground.
  2. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

cub cadet make long shaft trimmers too-mine is 70 in long . the tanaka is 71 long
  4. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Never bothered to measure them, but my Echo 260s fit me fine and I'm 6'-4".
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't seen that one yet.

Have a link or picture?
  6. lawnboy dan

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

The Cub Web site says Overall Length = 70". I'm guessing that means from engine to cutting head.

8. lawnboy dan

good point -i will measure mine .
  9. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

im 6'4" my kawasaki is not for tall people the head angle is for little japanese guys. echo heads are tall so it brings it closer to the ground pretty good but i had to find a different solution since mine was brand new. i run that square cut string .095 thick, and with that i can turn the trimmer and use it on more of an angle. i tried it with regular string it cut terrible on a big angle like that. only prob is it looks a bit silly but works great
  10. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Let me know what it comes out to.