Lontrel/Fusilade Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by barefootlawnsandlandscape, Jul 16, 2007.

1. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Was wondering if anyone has tanked mixed this for over the top applications. I have just taken over about 34 commercial properties that have not been weeded in about 5 weeks. If not then what would your suggestions be to rid the beds of the weeds with no harm to the bedding plants. We are talking pretty much any weed you can think of, dandelions, thistle, chickweed, crabgrass, sedge, kylinga, bermuda, I could go on and on with pretty much every ornamental and annual you can think of at each property. I have a full time landscape maintenance crew, but they just pulled into the shop after weeding one property for 8.5 hrs. I am looking for something to get a good kill so that we can maintain them rather than spending so much time getting them into shape. The rest of my properties will suffer if I don't get this under control.

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I use both Lontrel and Seth (Generic Fus) in flower beds. Mine are all residential but I have had great success.

Be sure and do not use over 1/4 oz of Lontrel and make sure you use COC (I have been using 1%).

It can go over most ornamental plants but there are some you can't (Solanaceae family I know you can't). Ask your Lesco rep if you are not sure or you will be buying flowers..

3. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

sedge, kyllinga and respond well to image. It has the largest label for over the top apps. Of course it really depends on what the plants are.
    Never had a problem with fusilade, doesnt kick bermuda ass so well but cant have everything...
    I find that excess water makes image work better, washes it into the root zone.

4. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Be careful. Lontrel isn't labeled for residential use any more.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Actually it is labeled for ornamental use in residential and commercial ornamental areas.

If you read the lablel closely it is labeled for ornamentals with direct or spot spraying.

You are correct that it is no longer labled for lawn applications.

6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld2QB001.pdf

Believe it or not, New York State now defines a "residential lawn" as everything alive that grows out of the ground that is within the property lines sorrounding a house where people can or do reside. Trees & shrubs are considered part of a "lawn" there.

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Don't think it is like that here. I do see some restrition on there for NY and Cal but none for OH.

The "current" label states it can be used for residential landscapes as it can be used for spot and directed applicatoins (Page 2).

Until I see a new label I am going to keep using it. It has been a good addition to my business.