Look at 07 F-450

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ppl, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

Here is the deal what would be a fare price for an 07 F-450 mason dump.
    The truck is new with 6.0 diesel
    8x11 mason dump
    200 miles
    Electric dump
    Auto trans
    Sitting on the lot for 2.5 years
    What do you think would be a fare price?

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

you need a few more details. What options are on it , how heavy is the hoist , who makes the body ?

3. blackangus86

blackangus86 LawnSite Member

6.0 are typically bad news. Why has it been sitting on the lot that long?

4. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

4x2
    xl package
    tilt steering
    cruise
    a/c
    cd
    Body is America' body company
    12ga sides
    7ga floor

hoist 7000lbs

5. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Your looking at $25,000. or less. 6.0's that have sat for a while run into issues.

6. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

Justing sitting around will cause problems.

7. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont listen to these guys, its still a new truck with a new truck warranty. Yes the early 6.0 engines had some problems but there are tons of 06 and 07 trucks out there with zero problems.That is a cheaper body and a lighter hoist. Say 8-9k for the body and hoist. What is the sticker on the truck ? How much in rebates are they talking ? Hammer them down as low as you can on the unit, wait a day or so for them to call you, then tell them to throw a 200k warranty on it and you will take it . Also look at the new trucks, by the time you take a 08 and get it for a lower intrest rate you might be better off buying the 08. How many miles a yr will you put on this unit ?

8. Ducati996

Ducati996 LawnSite Member

i wouldnt worry about the sitting around part or the 6.o part either - the later years are the best version and reliable as heck...200 miles seems like it was not sitting, so good for you :)

You hoist seems low however if its a mason dump - you need to find out the GVWR of the truck, get the info on the bed and the ram to see whats true.

Depends what they want for it, but they are good trucks with better MPG than the 6.4 versions and less things to wear out (6.4 have 2 turbos)

9. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

Dont listen to these guys, its still a new truck with a new truck warranty. Yes the early 6.0 engines had some problems but there are tons of 06 and 07 trucks out there with zero problems.That is a cheaper body and a lighter hoist. Say 8-9k for the body and hoist. What is the sticker on the truck ? How much in rebates are they talking ? Hammer them down as low as you can on the unit, wait a day or so for them to call you, then tell them to throw a 200k warranty on it and you will take it . Also look at the new trucks, by the time you take a 08 and get it for a lower intrest rate you might be better off buying the 08. How many miles a yr will you put on this unit

they are ask 38,000.00 for the truck but if you depreciate it for two years i think it should be around 22,000.00. 38,000 is with rebates. If I get them down around 22,000.00, 6500.00 for my international on trade, extended warranty and with a three maintenance package I would do the deal.

10. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

You hoist seems low however if its a mason dump - you need to find out the GVWR of the truck, get the info on the bed and the ram to see whats true.

Gvwr is 17950