Look at this and tell me how much you'd charge.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RedWingsDet, Apr 14, 2005.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

She needs these bushes removed and either new ones put in, or arbor vites put in. Its about 60feet long. Her house was hit by a car two years ago, and they were replaced then, and then hit again in november, so she wants these removed and new ones put in.

Maybe 1 day max to get all those out, then another day to get new ones in.

Im thinking $2200.

What would you guys charge?

thanks

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Mark I don't know, how many guys, just 2 would blow through it in a couple of hours I would think. Whats your hourly rate per guy?

3. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't say on the price, but do you really think it will take you 2 days to do that? Are you solo? How are you going to be removing them? How much are the shrubs each and how many will you need?

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

No I dont think it'd take two days, but I like to cover my ass just incase. Going to try removeing them with some shovels, but if that doesnt work my truck should take em out. And it I get arbor vites It'll be like $400 just for the arbor vites.

Ive never taken out this many bushes at one time, thats why i said 1day max. it might only end up taking 3 hours. but ya it'd be me and one guy. I charge $40 a man hour and pay my guy 8 an hour.

She might just want the same kinda bush thats in their now, what kind is that?

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

maybe its a golden privot?

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Since I don't know your pricing I will give you a quote using mine.

I would bid about $920 including the arborvitae, and removal and disposal, of the existing shrubs. With the proper equipment that is a 2 hour job including dumping fee and time.

7. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

2 hour job to remove those and install new ones?

also, what is the proper equipment to be used in this case?

sorry, im just more familiar with hardscaping not so much plants and whatnot.

btw, how much are you paying for your arbor vites, and would you think 15 is not enough to plant in this case?

8. SodKing

Kubota B 8200 w/woods backhoe. Shrubs would be out and the holes for the shrubs in about 1/2 hour, 1 hour to plant new shrubs and backfill, 15min to cleanup, 10min to dumpsite, 5 min back to shop.

9. SodKing

What is the length of the site? "vites" should be planted 4-5 ' on center. remember they are going to get 20+ feet tall and 3-4'+feet wide

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

ahhh... ya I cant afford a kubota yet, so it looks like ill be using the good ole handy dandy shovels

oh and to answer the previous question, its 60ft long