Look At This Bid!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gatewayuser, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

How much time would it take to mow around 300 acres thats right 300, I could possibly bid on it from an insider. Also how much would you charge 3 locations of 100 acres and no trimming? What kind of equipment to use also? It would also involve lawn treatments which if I don't bid on the mowing then I will at least bid on that. I was thinking $8000 per cut (100 man hours). Thanks!

2. you need to give a little more information.

3. Gatewayuser

Sorry
    Cut once per week flat no hills, wide open cut at 2 3/4", fescue and rye, one has a maybe 20 large islands to mow can be cut with a 48", money is no issue. That enough?

4. I'd be in there with a 20' batwing then.

5. Gatewayuser

Thats ok I don't want a $50,000 mower that I can't use anywhere else, if I lose that job then I'm in deep trouble.

6. so you are looking at bidding it, and using a 48" mower, or two or three, do you have any concept of how big one hundred acres is let alone three hundred acres. If you get it at that price more power to you but you might rethink looking at some bigger equipment.

7. Gatewayuser

No the 48" was for the islands the rest would be cut with 72" mowers I think.

8. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger LawnSite Senior Member

I think you are a little high but if you can get that great. If money is not an issue why is it being bid.

9. Gatewayuser

I say bid but it will be just me its more of an estimate.

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Well how much could a 72" rider cut in an hour, I'm thinking about 10-12 acres an hour. Then do the math. At 12 acres an hour its going to take you roughly 8.5 hours to cut 100 acres. Around here to cut an acre of grass probably pay's about $35-$40.00. $40.00x100=$4000.00 per cut.