1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Look at this blade grinder!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, May 26, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

2. hboyd_com

hboyd_com LawnSite Member
    from PA

The are "supposedly" holding the blade at the correct angle with the vice grips.... which are fastened to a slide that moves the blade across the grinder.

In theory it is not a bad idea for those that don't want to spring for a dedicated grinder and it is better than doing it by hand.... HOWEVER, it is still not as good as using Magna-Matic or other quality tool.

Just look at the cheap balancing cone beside the unit... that gives you an idea of how much they know about proper sharpening and balancing.

Just another person trying to invent something that will sell. I wish them luck but it is not a tool for the professional.
  3. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Finished product doesn't look too great.... probably get the bid cheaper than you could buy the ryobi though, maybe its worth it.
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

There was a company a few years back that advertised item similar to this in one of the local trade publications. It was called a mini-miller or something like that. It used a bench grinder as well. Probably isn't the best sharpening method out there, but it probably works.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I saw this on eBay while searching yesterday. To me it's just a regular bench grinder.