Look at what I found....

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tjsquickcuts, Oct 2, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I found this while cleaning out my parents guest house in the back yard. This was in the storage closet. Was a little dusty, but after a quick rinse looks like new almost sorta kinda....lol...but this thing is classic..What I didnt know was chevron either owns, owned, or was partner with Ortho.....I forgot all about we had this from years ago. I remember I pushed this thing around the yard about 13 years ago seeding my parents lawn. It still works, and the calibration seems to be on point.

DSCF0735.JPG

DSCF0736.JPG

DSCF0737.JPG

DSCF0738.JPG

2. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Nice find by just doing clean up. And looks like a nice speader also.

3. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

What's that word on the front? Could you get a closer pic.

J/K. So is this worth anything?

4. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

I think it is only worth the time I spent washing it off....lol....not sure....cant find any info about them on google....but did find one for sale of craigslist for $20 bucks...

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

We have one in yellow.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Hey TJ, I have the exact same spreader, same color...same everything, my neighbor gave me mine. I will see if I can round up the link I found for conversion to a Scotts spreader. This spreader actually works quite well for me on my home lawn.

7. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

I gave it a go today, and it was not to bad. Its horrible on hills, but on small flat lawns it was perfect. I am going to change the wheels on it, and put some real rubber tires on it. But as for the spread, it wasnt too bad. I am going to use it as a training spreader. How's that sod coming...too bad we arent getting much rain with all these clouds....still got my fingers crossed though...

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

9. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

the good ole trusty dusty....

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic