Look at what I just 'stole!'

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ericmcj31, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think you better bring it back but now that the curiosity is killing me ....
    Come on you can tell us, how did you steal it?

3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

My AV software is telling me the ebay link is a phishing site. cgi.ebay.com?

All ebay sites should begin with www.ebay

4. topsites

No I think that part is all right, as a former webmaster a lot of that makes sense to me,
    but I wouldn't expect everyday surfers to know these things...

That there is a secure page because there's also https://signin.ebay.com/ which is where you'd sign in to ebay,
    you can go to ebay.com and then click on their sign in link if you don't trust mine, which, it really is part of ebay.
    And I believe motors.ebay.com exists as well as a bunch of others, these are actual sub-domains of ebay.

But the av software is stupid, thou.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  5. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't steal it; that's why 'stole' is quoted-b/c I didn't physically steal it, but I stole it by the price I gave....7K

6. Quiky One

Quiky One LawnSite Member

post up some pics!

7. topsites

I'm sorry, now I'm actually kind of glad you didn't see that I was trying to be funny.

Which I think you did good, and to me that's not a bad deal at all, and maybe I am wrong
    but it was my opinion that it would have to be a bit less for it to be a true steal?

Because for a demo, no real warranty, again it's not a bad price at all but...
    And it may have been a $10k mower new, that's the part I'm not sure of...
    I thought you could get a 61" brand new for around 9,000? and it could make that mower cost a lot more than I'm thinking.
    The only thing is that 30hp Kohler, those I know are pricey.

Anyhow it's time for other input :p

8. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to www.ebay.com and click on any listing. They all start with cgi

9. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hardly ever see any Ferris tractors. Are they discounting just to boost sluggish sales?

10. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, your right. I got the info from a little blurb that popped up from Mcafee when I tried to click on it. Now I don't trust my anti-phishing software...