1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

look i found a sidewalk!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by topdog, Mar 2, 2006.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Man as bad as that sidewalk looks, I'd have told you to cover it back up :laugh:
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I thought a sidewalk is city property and is there responsibility to keep it functional. Oh well, you did a really nice job on it and it gave you some business! Nice job!
  3. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

here are some more pics from today's cleaning out the landscape beds from same place as sidewalk. they are supposed to let me know on monday if they can afford mulch.

tommy wolfe center 1.JPG

tommy wolfe center 2.JPG

tommy wolfe center 7.JPG
  4. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

this is how much stuff i had to cut out and haul off today. b.t.w...i spoke with there staff today about trying to get the city to take care of those sidewalks. specialy since it's a day care center.

tommy wolfe center 9.JPG
  5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

So where's your "after pics"this kinda stuff should go into your portfolio ya know
  6. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

two things one my new camera only holds 9 pics...( found out today). gotta get a bigger memory card, and waiting to see if i can put mulch down. or i know i will get slammed on here...hehe. i was there for about 5 hours today.
  7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

its funny around here they say its city problem untill it needs to be repaired or someone falls, then its our problem..

8. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good nice job looks like u need a dump insert. i hate the city they never clean our side walks when theres snow on the or anything.
  9. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

ya, i hope i can get a dump trailer someday, but first i want to get another truck. one good thing is we have a little john deere tractor 410 with a front bucket goes right on the trailer, so it made quick work of unloading.
  10. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

ok, here are a few after pics i toke today. i went back and pulled & dug up weeds for about 2.5 hours (give or take wasn't in big hurry on saturday).
    hopefully they can afford mulch, so this will look a lot better. total time spent around 10 hours by myself. i can't spend too much time cause i will start next week on there other day care center that is in about the same shape. they are on a monthly maint plan with me, so trying to budget time spent with each property(plus takeing a loss on clean ups the first month), but at same time make them look right for me to have my truck sitting there. be gentle with me on the reviews, i have about 15 more properties of theres to whip in to shape.

tommy wolfe center after 1.JPG

tommy wolfe center after 4.JPG

tommy wolfe center after 6.JPG

tommy wolfe center after 3.JPG