1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

look i found a sidewalk!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by topdog, Mar 2, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

even if they cant it will look better when everything grows and gets a little color.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Thats some good looking work you performed, But I'm just wondering why they let it get in such bad condition in the first place ?
  3. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

I was wondering the exact same thing! Thats years of neglect especially on the footpath area!
  4. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

thanks i appreciate it. not sure why they allowed it. i know they had a contract with the last company for 3 years. they finally got mad last year, and bid it out when the contract was up. i was told that some of there places the company wouldn't show up for a month at a time to mow.
    i am gonna try to get all these places in shape by april by myself, but not sure if i will be able to in time. if next week doesn't go by faster i guess i will go ahead and get some help to get caught up before mowing season starts.
    hate to spend the extra cash since no money really made off of snow this winter. thanks again for compliments!! i will put up the next round of pics next week.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

That sidewalk is certinaly rough! And that is one huge load you got off of there!

Speaking of finding sidewalks... I found one today! It was about 4 inched underground and partly UNDER another sidewalk!!! I was doing a sprinkler replacing job and wanted to move a couple closer to the sidewalk. When I dug back I hit condrete about 4 inches down. From the looks of it someone poured a new sidewalk (about 20 years ago) basically on top of the old one! It protruded out about 10 inches from under the top one. I found out fast just why the sprinklers weren't next to the walk though!
  6. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

Lets see some pictures of the side walk after you edged it.
  7. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

heres the day care center i started on today. i had to do a spring clean up job earlier, so i didn't get started until around 4 & quit at 530 will hopefully finish up tomorrow.

day care 1.JPG

day care 2.JPG

day care 3.JPG
  8. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

and a few more pics.

day care 4.JPG

day care 5.JPG

day care 6.JPG
  9. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Where you are in Indiana.... Maybe i just missed that part sliding through the threads.

10. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

N/M i re-read it lol