1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

look what i bought

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Curious Porpoise, Feb 26, 2006.

1. The Curious Porpoise

The Curious Porpoise LawnSite Member

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

You got a good buy that mower will be perfect for cutting gated back yards.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like a deal, but where is the sulky.
  4. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

how much is it going to cost you to go get it?
  5. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Congrats you got a bargain there.Picking it up wont cost too bad if you just go there and back. Bring it home and get to work.
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Wow, thats crazy.. driving 13 hours to pick up a mower..
  7. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

I'd have to agree. Thats 13hrs one way . It's probably not a bad deal on the mower but after you add in time and gas for a machine you're gonna have to walk behind, no way I'd do it. If the poster is ok with it though, thats all that matters.:usflag:
  8. Kohls Landscaping Co

Kohls Landscaping Co LawnSite Member

I have the same mower, just a much older model. I wouldn't drive an 1/2 hour to pick one up. Unless you have to have the 32", you're better off w/the 36" that has two blades. I've never been impressed with my 32" cutting ability. Just my two cents...

9. The Curious Porpoise

The Curious Porpoise LawnSite Member

it'll cost me about $200 in gas, plus another $100 in tolls/wear 'n tear on the truck/food and drinks. those numbers are conservative. yes, i know $300 plus 26 hours of driving is something significant to consider, but i think i'm gonna go down w/ friends and make it a road trip--we'll go touring for the weekend. that way the costs will be divided up, and i'll have company to do and see some cool things (and not get bored or lonely), that way it'll be fun too.... plus it'll be about 30 to 40 degrees warmer down there than it is up here... that'll get me even more in the mood to start mowin'. maybe i'll even see some landscaping crews down there mowin' (they should be mowin' down there by early march, right?)
  10. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a deal here if you need it, the 13 hour drive one way I would look at it like a mini vac. before the season starts, I personally do alot of Ebay deals that run me up to 10-15 hours from the house and love every trip I have been on and meet different people in the Lawn Biz getting there thoughts, ideas and seeing other LCO in action in different areas of the US.