1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Look What I Found When Surfing For Information For My Business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Katie_A_C, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Katie_A_C

Katie_A_C LawnSite Member

I found this company.

I emailed the owner because I'm looking for ways to drum up more business for next season and she suggested implants and a bikini top.

I already have 30 lawns scheduled for next season but I would like to add another 30 and have a second crew. Originally I had just planned on hiring a some boys to do the extra work but I have been talking to a few girls at school and they said we should get together and form all women crews.:clapping: This would really make my company stand out from the crowd but I'm still not sure about the dress code. While the bikini tops would likely get allot of attention, they may seem kinda unprofessional, especially on my parents street where I have most of my lawns. Also, two of my friends wouldn't need them but I would need the implants to really pull off the Bikini top and that costs around 5 thousand which I could have put towards a commercial mower. :dizzy:
  2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

30 lawns and a second crew. You might want to shoot for a few more. Actually you might want to run some numbers and then determine your goals. Hiring will cost a chunk of change, then the equipment, and everything else that goes with it, 30 more lawns is not going to cover it.

Now if you hire kids who don't want to make much, but then there is the child labor laws, and the $10k per kid fine if they catch you.

3. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Love the OSHA approved footwear .
  4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

They can trim my shrubs any day of the week!;)

Wack my weeds!

Mow Blow and ...go!

Clean ups? I hope so...it could get messy....

I could go on....
  5. I guess thats a good way to right off your implants. Would the implants go under the advertising or new equipment category?
  6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It was a big deal on 98.9 all summer long a couple years ago. I wonder if they need a foreman?
  7. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

She looks like a hard worker. You can do 60 lawns with 1 crew in 2 or 3 days.
  8. Katie_A_C

The owner is very nice and she says they never have to worry about accounts and are now even hiring more people. She said that she may not even have to mow herself this year and will just do the office work. That is my goal also. I would like to manage my business someday and not do the physical labour. I know that is a difficult goal in this business because everyone I talk to says that it can't be done but I don't give up easily.:dancing:
  9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Of course it can be done. I would simply question long and hard the image that you want to set for the rest of your years in business.

I personally would opt for a more professional look, but this is your business, and all the joking here and such is not a help in this decision.

Also think about when it comes time to sell out. It is my opinion that it would be easier to sell out to a larger company or whatever if your company has a distinct pro image rather than simply cutting in bikinies.

10. Katie_A_C

Are there any mowing companies where you live that the owner doesn't do any actual mowing and just manages? Everyone that I have talked to around here still has the owner mowing:cry:

Don't get me wrong, I love mowing but I want to own a business someday that I just manage.:)