look what I found while mulching

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SimonCX, May 19, 2007.

1. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

From what I found out it's ever a northern snake or northern copperhead. I came pretty close to it until I noticed it curl up and looked like it wanted to attack.

051907_13311.jpg

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

You should put a warning in your title saying there's a picture of a snake. Some of us can't handle even looking at pictures. :)

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

O please..........

I get bit 3 times last week.....

snakes are everywhere wher I mow.... It's Not unuseal to have at least 5 incounters a day with them.... Just a way of life with me.....

we even have Crocks

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd move asap

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Better you than me! I couldn't handle that. I can admit it when I'm a wimp. I'd be running away like a little school girl if I had snake encounters like that. I certainly wouldn't be in the lawn care business.

My biggest fear where I mow is dumping my mower into the ocean at several of my lawns.

6. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

what is it w/ snakes this yr. ? Ive seen more this yr so far than I have in the last 5 yrs. same places i've been mowing for yrs.

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I've only seen 3 this year

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I shot one across the yard last week with the Warrior. Let me tell you, that thing can sling a snake!

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

How far?:laugh:

In april i was doing a spring cleanup and met up with a skunk! I had the backpack blower on. I don't see snakes to often, sometimes when i'm mowing.

10. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

oh it was easily a good 10 yards. He was coiled up beside a tree. I just rolled the front tire up on him and let him wiggle a little, then run him under the deck. I wish you could have heard that "THUNK" sound it made when he went through those blades. Sweet music.