1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Look what I got for $200

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Itsgottobegreen, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

My landscape material supplier stopped cutting grass this year, he now just sells mulch, topsoil and stone. So he had been slowly selling off mowing equipment to his best LCO customers. I should probably say he is almost giving away mowing equipment.

Well he asked me if I wanted a blade grinder. I said yes. Well he showed me this Neary 410 grinder, then said I could have it for $200 in cash. It was in my truck, in less than 2 seconds and he has $200 in his pocket. (Lucky I had $200 on me) It came with the vacuum hood and diamond dresser tool. Those together are $200 new. He paid like $550 just for the machine. Plus he just put a new $60 stone in it. Yahoo.

Heres a picture. I love this little machine. It works great. Why didn't I get one before. I seem to have already gotten some new grass cutting best friends. Two already showed up asking to borrow it, 6 more have called. I have only had it since 2 pm today and only told 1 friend about it. I already got it clamped to the bench, I might weld it to the bench so it doesn't walk off.

neary grinder resized.jpg
  2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

great. I want to go to one of our rental places and look for a power rake and aerator
  3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

And cement the bench to the floor
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I got a new bosch concrete drill. Might just have to use it. Hopefully that new metal 3/8" thick metal top for the work bench will get here soon.
  5. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

That is a major score. now I want one.